There are a lot of men who would want to develop certain talents and skills so that they will be able to impress the ladies. One such talent is singing. Who wouldn’t want to become a singing superstar? Just take a look at those boy bands and those crowds of screeching females following them everywhere.
This article is for all men, whether they are amateur or professional singers, who want to get that killer voice that can make the girls swoon at their feet. If you want to have a better singing voice, keep in mind the following tips…
1. Know your vocal range. It is very important that you know just how low and how high you can reach. Unless you know the techniques on expanding your range, you must avoid as much as possible pushing your vocal chords to the extreme. Shrieking, shouting or screaming can cause serious damage to your vocal chords.
2. Always do your breathing and warm-up exercises. To keep your voice in tip top shape, you should make it a habit to perform breathing and warm-exercises. These exercises will help you to increase your lung capacity and keep your vocal chords limber, so that you can sing better.
3. Always do vocal exercises. If you want to improve your singing voice by leaps and bounds, you should diligently do vocal exercises. Aside from warming up your voice, vocal exercises will enable your vocal chords to become accustomed to various techniques, such as singing ascending and descending scales and arpeggios, staccato, and performing in correct pitch and rhythm.
4. Expand your musical repertoire. If you want to become a versatile singer, you shouldn’t limit yourself to the genres that you like. If you like pop and rock music, you should also listen to other styles, such as classical, opera, hip hop, reggae, blues, just to name a few. Try singing songs in other genres in order to broaden your horizon.
5. Get rid of bad habits that can ruin your voice. There is absolutely no truth to that Old Wives’ Tale that smoking can improve your singing. Far from it! Not only are you at risk of permanently damaging your vocal chords, you are putting your entire health at risk of developing serious diseases such as throat and lung cancer.
6. Watch your eating habits. Avoid eating extremely hot or cold foods as these can damage your voice. You should also avoid eating spicy foods. Voice coaches do not advice drinking milk or eating chocolate prior to a lesson or a performance because the milk and chocolate can coat the vocal chords, making it difficult to sing.
Discover other useful singing tips for men today!